Thursday, July 31, 2008

two last rides


View Larger Map

Seeing that the time draws near for departure, it is only natural that some loose ends be tied up.  One of them was to get in a farewell ride with as many of the mad cows that remain.  Norm and I rode on Wednesday, early in the morning.  I was quite impressed with my own riding- I hadn't used the bike in a couple of months.  Many of the other riders have new positions at work, and we've lost our critical mass when a couple of people moved away.  Anyway, I managed to stay on the bike the whole time, albiet pretty slow at times.  Especially cool was clearing Fred & John's, a twisty trail with a couple of sections of moon dust.  We finished up in about an hour and a half.

There was apperantly some confusion as to when the ride was going to be, so a follow up ride on Thursday was required for some of the other riders.  We had really hoped that the weather would stay comfortable, in the 80's.  Not today, it was a hot day, in the low 90's, so we rode under the beating sun.  Still did pretty well, but was ready to call it quits after two loops.

It was really nice to get a little more riding in, and I am currently reconsidering my biking situation out in New York.  We'll see.

No comments: