Monday, January 24, 2005

funny trains

those funny funny trains. Something, unusual, happened to me on the way home from a friends place tonight. I thought I would share it. Silly me, driving down a road that I drive quite regularly. It's got a couple of train track crossings. One has got gates to stop traffic, the other two just have blinking red lights. I've never seen trains on the other two, but tonight I got lucky. Real lucky. As I approached the first train crossing, jammin' out to the radio (something I rarely do), something on my left side looked a bit, uh, off.

The particular train tracks come out from right behind a building. I mean right behind, probably only five feet between where a train would be and the building wall. The building comes right up to the sidewalk too. Plenty of room to hide.

That funny thing I mentioned a moment ago was, yup- you guessed it, a train. A great big one, with really bright lights. It was the lights that gave it away. I screamed like a girl. You would've too if a giant train (it _was_ bigger than a normal train, I swear) was only three lanes away from the side of your car, T style.

Know what that engineer did next? He blew the horn. By now I'd realized that something else was a bit off with that train. It wasn't moving. The bastard was waiting for me! No blinky lights, no gates, just a train with bright lights and a big big horn. Bleep!

Anyway by the time I was a block away, I started to think how funny this was. Hil-arious. Then the blinky lights went off, the train started moving. I passed the second crossing, it's lights started blinking. By the time I was three blocks away the third crossing had sprung into action- lights, gate, and all.

Wow. True story. Just happened about 1.5 hours ago.

No comments: