Friday, January 07, 2005

snow

ain't it great? When I grew up, we didn't get snow all that often. There would be years in between winters with snow. These past two years, in our new locale, we've been treated with snow. Last year we had a good sixteen inches piled on our deck and in the yard. It made getting out of the driveway a bit of a trial (the snow plows plowed a three foot pile!).

This year I'm really taking advantage of it. I've already had one ride in the snow. Tomorrow there is supposed to be another. Last time my toes about froze off (but, as you can see, it didn't really deter me). I lucked into some half price shoes at REI that were just what I was looking for. They should accommodate the extra socks and keep my feet toasty warm! Hooray for the snowy ride.

I just hope that I can actually get to the ride.

No comments: