Friday, April 18, 2008

Syracuse, Day 3

I'll try to keep it a little shorter than yesterday's summary. A few bullets:
  • attended the Syracuse GWG meeting this morning, which lasted about 2 1/2 hours.
    a couple of things I found out aboout:
    - the Einstein@Home home team, SUGWG has moved up 2,000 spots in the rankings since adding the SUGAR cluster.
    - how to estimate the coincident rate for glitches from a couple of channels (bad sentence summary).
    - global warming is going to be very bad, a summary statement from the APS meeting this week in St. Louis.
    - of course, more stuff.
  • had lunch with that group. Stephanie really got along well with Peter! That made me happpy.
  • A road tour around Onandoga Lake to see what the neighborhoods were like (thanks Josh!).
    - I found out what New Yorks obsession is with the word "Empire": when people first moved here, they stated that the area that would become the state of New York had everything necessary for an empire.
After that, Stephanie and I headed off to find some quiet time at the hotel.

Also, I determined that the right bank is probably HSBC, it has branches both here and in back home. If anyone knows anything about this bank, please let me know!

No comments: