Sunday, August 17, 2008

day 8, the music festival

The trip is almost done, but there is one more thing to do. My dad really wanted to go to the Chenango Blues Festival, it's near Syracuse. Well, relatively near, it's actually about 1.5 hours from Syracuse, about 4.5 hours from Buffalo, and about 2.5 hours from where we're going to spend the night, at another cousin's house in Corning, NY.


View Larger Map

The festival was nice, but I was tired, and left early with my cousins. My dad and other cousin stayed 'til the end. I really enjoyed two shows, although I only heard Cephas and Wiggins live. Samual James I heard after my dad got there and brought the cd he bought.

I had beef on white (?) for the first time, a simple sandwich that is roast beef, in au jus, on a kaiser roll with pumpernickel and salt. Also horseradish if you like it.

We whiled away the evening with stories and jokes. I was invading a girls night a little bit, but they didn't seem to mind too much. It was a very nice visit.

Another comfortable nights rest.

No comments: