Sunday, August 17, 2008

day 9, the last day; the end.

More visiting in the morning, then we headed out for Syracuse around 10 am.  We expected to get here in time to see the Michelangelo exhibit at the SUart gallery for a couple of hours and drop my dad off at the airport around 3:30.  That worked out perfectly.  The exhibit is really nice.  Much smaller than either of the other two museums of the trip, but something that can be appreciated many times- the skill that is involved with even the sketches is quite impressive.  I expect it might be part of my lunch time routine, until it is gone in October.

After that, I went to my friend and colleagues house.  He and his wife had generously offered to let me spend the night in their spare bedroom until I could move into my apartment on Monday.

Our route:

View Larger Map

And now the journey is over, and the new one is beginning.

No comments: