Saturday, August 09, 2008

driving, day 1

Last night was a blast: we had a few people over for wine and a good send off. I think it was the right thing to do. I'm very pleased that the that my Château Margaux (1978) and and my wifes Clos Du Val (Zinfandel, 1977) were both excellent!

The next morning we went to breakfast, loaded the car, had a tearful departure, and got out of town only about 30 minutes late.

The drive itself was mostly uneventful. We did see a few thing though: coulees, scabland, forest, mining, beautiful Montana fly fishing rivers, bubble mammatus clouds, purple rocks, lighting and a little rain quite heavy rain actually, twice, open pit mines, a complete rainbow with a little double at either end, and another thunder storm.

With all that list, I must say that the most interesting things to me were the geology and stones exposed along the roadside, and the lightning storms. We don't get those too often in the pacific northwest.

Also, leaving home was not that easy, but I think the really great send off party lastnight really helped show that we have plenty of great friends that will sticking around in with Stephanie.

Here is our route so far:

View Larger Map

1 comment:

corey g. said...

Man, sorry I missed your send off, I really wanted to be there. I coulda made some wicket caipairinhas, mai tais, or blue hawaiians! next time! Have fun over there!

c.