Tuesday, August 12, 2008

driving, day 4

I'll be brief, I think.

We covered the rest of South Dakota, all of Minnesota, and much of Wisconsin, currently we are in Racine, WI.

There were a couple of exciting things we saw today, but they weren't the scenery.  We saw our first accident: a semi was laying on it's side on the other side of I-90.  Nothing obvious about why, just laying there, taking a nap maybe.  Actually, it looked like the shoulder had a steep, uh, bicep, and the truck had pulled a little too far over onto it.  Later, after crossing the Mississippi River, a biker's helmet fell off the back of their bike and bounced across the lanes right in front of us.  Nobody panicked, and the biker didn't even notice.

We stopped for dinner in Madison, WI, like we knew where we were going.  We got off I-90 onto highway 30, followed it until it ended, made a left on the first busy street, and a right into Cafe La Bellitalia's parking lot.  I was hoping for something similar to Amalfi's, and this had a good look for it.  I was a little disappointed, maybe because of the Midwest spin on the Italian food.  I could definitely see it being a winner if I was a local.

That's about it.  Oh, and we're about a day ahead of where I thought we would be by now.  I think we'll take some extra time in Chicago.

Here is our route:

View Larger Map

Here are some pictures:
road trippin' 2008 August 12

No comments: